Wednesday 15 May 2013

A Wonderful Trip

What a fabulous day I had in London on Tuesday with my lovely friend Sarah. I'm so excited to tell you about it and share my experiences with you. 
 
 The main reason for our (day) trip, and yes you read correctly, we went for the day, from Jersey, (call us crazy) was to go to a very exciting exhibition. 

 

It was so completely fabulous, and I look so many pictures, that I am going to write a separate post all about it, and share with you all the wonderful quilts, knitting and embroidery that was simply an explosion of colour and pure joy.  So do come back soon to read all about it. 

But for now, I want to tell you about the rest of the day. 


Our first stop was the Tate Modern, where we spent several hours enjoying  the Lichtenstein Exhibition.  I don't think we were allowed to take pictures, so here's one of his more famous pieces that I found on the Internet. 
 

Given that we were on a tight schedule, Sarah and I spent far too long discussing how some of his works could be translated into quilts, but my goodness we did have fun and it was so enjoyable.  I highly recommend a visit if you are in London.  But be quick, it's only on until 27th May. 
 
And you'll never guess where our next stop was. 
 


Of course!  But by this time we were hungry and in need of refreshment, so there was only one place to go.


And what a good choice it was.  Pink Lemonade and home made pesto pasta.  Enough said!



Once we were suitably revived, we were ready to embark on some serious shopping.  I wasn't sure if I was allowed to take photos inside Liberty's so I just took a couple of discrete ones to share with you.

Just look at these fabrics!!





And look at these very beautiful Liberty birds. 



It was hard not to spend an entire fortune in the fabric department.  I did try to show some restraint, but not surprisingly, I managed to go over budget.  I just couldn't resist!  I'll be posting photos of my purchases soon, as you can imagine, they are fabrics to die for ;-) 
 
With time not on our side, we didn't make it to Berwick Street and all the lovely fabric shops that it has to offer.  So we headed straight for Bermondsey, the home of the Fashion and Textile Museum for the Kaffe Fassett Exhibition. 
 
I can't wait to share photos with you, there are quite a few!  Please do bare with me, it's going to take some time to sort through them all. 
 
I do have a WIP I want to share with you as well.  I've been working on a set of nautical bunting for some very good friends of mine and I'm pretty pleased with how it's turning out.
 


I'll be listing Nautical Bunting on my website soon  :-)
 
 
I am also going to be holding a giveaway very soon, so watch this space! 
 
 
Thank you so much for stopping by.  Linking up with:
 
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced 

 
 
 
Sarah x
 
 
 


9 comments:

  1. Oh my! I can't wait to visit London...something that has been on my bucket list for a long time. But now that I am a quilter, I really, really MUST plan a visit! More pictures please!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab day, I was thinking about you and can't wait to see the rest of the photos. I love Lichtenstein - always amazes me how smudged a lot of the 'dots' are when you see his work up close, (btw, he went to Flicky's school). You were okay taking photos in Liberty, I asked the doorman as I went in and later I asked the girl working in the fabric department and although she said yes she gave me a look that said she thought I was just a little bit crazy. I'm glad we are now both 'crazy' together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that Frank's exhibition was a bit dark, I'd have loved to be able to see the colours better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought twice about photos in Liberty. I just took them left right and centre. Sounds like a fabulous day out. Looking forward to the exhibition and shopping recap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful day out, I'm so envious. Those beautiful colours in Liberties - they're to die for! Can't wait to see all the other photos. So happy your enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun day out! Any day that involves a trip to Liberty's is a good day in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great day out - I love Liberty and Kaffe Fasset and London of course...oh and the Tate Modern, so my perfect day out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful day you had! Love those sneak photos in Liberty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great day, bet you were knackered! I really must make the most of living here, have become a bit blasé!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you and will reply soon!